Aerobics is a good cardiovascular workout. However, not all of us have the luxury of open spaces to run around. Running treadmills are the best cardio exercise machines, as they allow you to exercise as much as you want in the confines of your home. You can join a gym to utilize top notch treadmills, or you can buy one at a reasonable price for home use.
The treadmill offers you a number of choices:
- It has various speed adjustments.
- You can monitor-
- Your heart rate
- How many calories you have burned
- What distance you have covered, and much more
Unlike other exercises, you don’t have to train yourself to run on a treadmill. Just set the speed and hop on. If a full out run on a treadmill is not your cup of tea, you can walk or jog at your own pace deciding which level is convenient for you. If you want an advanced workout, try adding an incline to the treadmill. You can increase your calorie burn rate just by varying the elevation.
Less motivated individuals often get bored doing the same set of exercises over and over again. Just set your treadmill to face the television, and you can enjoy a movie or your favorite show while you work out. Running on a treadmill will make the workout more enjoyable, and time will just fly by.
While using the treadmill, you must keep a few things in mind:
- Increase your speed gradually. Let your body adjust to the momentum.
- While walking or jogging, do not hold on to the bars or handles. Let your arms swing freely in a natural manner. If you hold onto something, your arm muscles get tired quickly.
- While planting your foot, do so heel first. This will lessen the impact on your joints.
You can buy a treadmill that fits your budget. You can choose from:
- Budget price rang
- Mid range
- Quality treadmills
It can cost you anywhere from $500 to $3000 and up. At WorkoutHealthy you can choose from a variety of manual or motorized, folding or non-folding treadmills at bargain prices. Rather than depending on fad diets you should try a treadmill and run your way to good health.